A ‘ripple of sadness’ has spread across a Bath charity after a man who used their homeless hostel died there at the weekend.
Staff at the Julian House hostel in Manvers Street are greatly saddened by the unexpected death of one of the residents using the facility.
The charity told Bath Live that Dean Jenkins, 57, passed away on Sunday at the homeless hostel despite the best efforts of staff to revive him.
Julian House added that Dean was from the local area and had been receiving support.
Cecil Weir, fundraising director for Julian House, said the tragic event sent a “ripple of sadness’ goes right across the charity.
He said: “Although it is widely recognised that being homeless is damaging and dangerous, after a tragic event like this a ripple of sadness goes out right across the organisation.
“Much of the work that Julian House does is about helping our clients to move from being vulnerable and at risk to a position where they can have sustainable accommodation options and once again be reconnected with their local community.
“Our thoughts and best wishes are with his family and friends.”
Got a view on this or another local news story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want more news?
To subscribe to our daily newsletter, enter your email address into the box at the top of this story.